You're viewing an archived page from a previous Festival of Ideas. See this year's festival »
A wealth of concerts, performances and workshops exploring the theme of order and chaos.
Thursday 19 to Saturday 21 June, 7.30pm - 10pm
A contemporary retelling of the classic Jekyll & Hyde story exploring the darker side of human morality.
Thursday 19 to Sunday 22 June, 7pm to 8pm, 8.15pm to 9.15pm
Inspired by the similarities between the spread of ‘infectious’ ideas through social networks, an award-winning team of artists, scientists, musicians and dancers combine cutting-edge technology and fluid movement to create a sonic and visual world where even the smallest interactions leave behind a trace.
- Structures of the Mind: Architecture and Innovation
- Arts and Society: Order, Chaos and Culture
- Revealing the Ancient World
- Creative Writing
- Empire and Trade
- Eoforwic: A celebration of Anglian York
- Economic growth for the many, not the few
- An Appetite for Food
- Interventions in Healthcare
- Maps and Exploration
- Murder They Wrote
- Religion and Science
- Science: Out of the lab
- Shadows of War
- Our brain: The unknown frontier
- Transport and Tribulations: Going the extra mile
- The war that changed our world
Festival focus days