Be part of the Festival
Would you like to present an event as part of York Festival of Ideas? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Anyone can run an event – we just ask that it takes place within the Festival dates and relates to the Festival theme for that particular year. Submissions need to be received by mid-January, with the Festival taking place in June.
Events must be accessible to the general public. Academic/specialist conferences or workshops will not be included in the programme.
What York Festival of Ideas can do for you
Being part of York Festival of Ideas can help raise the profile of your organisation or event by:
- Providing access to Festival audiences – in 2018, over 40,000 people attended a Festival event
- Free marketing opportunities through the Festival brochure, website and social media
- Ticketing if required (for free events only)
- Festival branding (on request and subject to availability), including pull up banners and Festival poster templates for printing.
What you will need to do
- Contact the Festival team on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01904 322064 to access an online event submission form
- Discuss with the Festival team when you might want to schedule your event, to avoid clashes with key Focus Days and/or to help programme around complementary events
- Book a venue
- Book a speaker/ performer/ equipment
- Arrange any support, such as audio visual, security, catering - whatever you specifically need to run your event
- Arrange ticketing (NB: the central Festival team can organise free ticketing for you if you wish)
- Make arrangements for tickets to be checked on the door of the event
- Market your event(s) via your own channels and link to the Festival website and social media. The Festival is a partnership and the more that all partners can help to market it, the more successful it is for everyone!
York Festival of Ideas is reliant entirely on sponsorship to pay for running costs and so unfortunately cannot provide any money for the running of events.