You're viewing an archived page from a previous Festival of Ideas. See this year's festival »
Saturday 14 June 2014, Ron Cooke Hub, University of York
What are the best business models to feed 10 billion - less meat, local versus global? How do we ensure that we have enough land and natural resources to produce enough food? How do we ensure that food production and businesses create the best affordable but healthily outcomes for citizens?
Join us for the Future of Food Focus Day where experts from a variety of areas discuss and explore the order and chaos of food sustainability.
11am to 11.40am
11.45am to 12.45pm
12.45pm - 1.15pm
The café will be open for refreshments.
1.15pm to 2.45pm
3pm to 4.30pm
6pm to 8pm
As well as the Ron Cooke Hub café being open all day, providing drinks, snacks and meals, there will also be a Quorn stand in the Hub serving free food and giving demonstrations on how to cook with Quorn.
- Structures of the Mind: Architecture and Innovation
- Arts and Society: Order, Chaos and Culture
- Revealing the Ancient World
- Creative Writing
- Empire and Trade
- Eoforwic: A celebration of Anglian York
- Economic growth for the many, not the few
- An Appetite for Food
- Interventions in Healthcare
- Maps and Exploration
- Murder They Wrote
- Religion and Science
- Science: Out of the lab
- Shadows of War
- Our brain: The unknown frontier
- Transport and Tribulations: Going the extra mile
- The war that changed our world
Festival focus days