Guidance for attending York Festival of Ideas
Welcome to York Festival of Ideas
To ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment, please note that your attendance signifies your agreement to abide by York Festival of Ideas’ guidelines for attendance:
- You agree to comply with all applicable health and safety, security, fire and other rules and regulations in force at the event, and to follow the instructions of event organisers, stewards and venue staff. Failure to do so could result in you being refused admittance or being asked to leave an event.
- Unless event guidance states otherwise, all children under 16 should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Threatening or anti-social behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in you being asked to leave immediately
- The use of professional cameras, video and/or audio equipment is not allowed without the prior permission of the event organisers.
- Occasionally our events are filmed, photographed or recorded by the Festival team or venue. Please let a steward know before the event if you do not consent to be photographed, filmed or recorded.
- Admission to ticketed events is on a first-come, first-served basis. Not everyone who asks for tickets uses them, and to ensure we have a good-sized audience, we send out more tickets than there are places. While we do our best to get the numbers right, unfortunately we occasionally have to disappoint people. We therefore reserve the right to refuse admittance if the venue is full.
- Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone arriving late if this will disrupt an event that has already started.
- Tickets should be printed and shown at the event entrance or shown on your smartphone via the Eventbrite app. Admittance cannot be guaranteed without a ticket, even if you arrive at the event on time, as those with tickets will be admitted first.
- Occasionally an event needs to be cancelled or the time changed due to events outside our control or because of a lack of public interest. If this happens, you will be contacted by the email address you provided at the time of booking.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you enjoy attending our inspiring events.